Tofu with Kudzu sauce
Ingredientsfor six servings
Dried Shiitake mushroom1 piece
- Green peppers1 piece
- Sesame oil1 teaspoon
Dashi soup2 cups
- A pinch of salt
- Shoyu1 teaspoon
- Wheat flourModerate amount
- Wrap the tofu with dry cloth or paper towel and place it on a flat tray for 30 minutes to drain water.
- Rotate and slice onions. Cut carrots into strips in 3-cm length pieces. Soak dried Shiitake mushroom in water until it becomes soft, and cut it into strips. Cut green peppers into strips and boil lightly.
- Warm a pot and add sesame oil. Put in order of dried Shiitake mushroom, onions and carrots in the pot and braise. Add dashi soup and boil thoroughly. Season with salt and Shoyu. Add dissolved Kudzu in water.
- Cut tofu into 12pcs, and season with Shoyu.
- Powder wheat flour on tofu, and bake it until golden brown with frying pan.
- Place 5 in a serving dish, and pour 3 on it. Decorate with green peppers colorfully.
Recipe by Seishoku Macrobiotic Association.