Tofu and Hijiki Salad Dressed with Shiro Miso
Ingredientsfor 6 servings
- Hijiki seaweed10g
Sesame oil1/2 teaspoon
Kidney beans6 pcs
White miso2 tablespoons
White sesame paste (Tahini)2/3 tablespoon
- Cut carrots thinly and diagonally. Rinse well and soak Hijiki in enough water to cover it for approx. 20 minutes. (Note: Hijiki will expand 10 times from when it’s dry.) Drain and cut the Hijiki into 2-3cm pieces.
- Sauté with sesame oil, carrots and shoyu. Heat up quickly.
- Boil Tofu for about 1-2 minutes. Wrap the tofu with dry cloth or paper towel and place it on a flat tray for 30 minutes to drain water.
- Boil kidney beans in salted water (add a pinch of salt to water). Slice it thinly and diagonally.
- Puree Tofu in a mortar and grind well (or puree in a blender.), and then add Shiro Miso, white sesame paste and puree.
- Add Hijiki, carrots and kidney beans to 5 and mix. Place it in a serving dish. Enjoy!
Recipe by Seishoku Macrobiotic Association.