Apple and Chinese Cabbage Salad
Ingredientsfor six servings
- Hijiki seaweed10g
- Sesame oilModerate amount (approximately 1 Tablespoon)
- Water1/2 cup
- Chinese cabbage (or cabbage)2 leaves
- Dashi2-3 tablespoon
SaltA little bit
Plum (Ume) vinegar1 teaspoon
Tahini (white sesame paste)1 tablespoon
White miso1 teaspoon
Lemon juice or Yuzu (Japanese citrus) juice2-3 drops
- Rinse well and soak Hijiki in enough water to cover the seaweed for approx. 20 minutes until it becomes soft enough to be able to pinch through with your finger nail. (Note: HIjiki will expand 10 times.) Drain and cut the Hijiki into 3-4cm pieces. In a warm pan, sauté with sesame oil.
- Add water and shoyu to 1. Boil it over high heat until liquid does not left in the pan.
- Cut Chinese cabbage into 3 to 4 cm width and quick sauté with sesame oil.
- Cut apple thinly then quarter. Sprinkle with salt then briefly sauté.
- Mix Plum (Ume) vinegar, Tahini, white miso, water and Lemon juice (or Yuzu juice) well in a bowl to make a dressing.
- Add Hijiki, cabbage and apple to 5 and serve.
Recipe by Seishoku Macrobiotic Association.