- Soymilk2 cups (400cc)
- Water1 cup (200cc)
- Kanten Flake “agar agar flake”1 tbsp
- 2-2.5 tbsps maple syrup
- Soybean flour (“kinako”) if available
- Put water in a medium sauce pan and add Kanten Flakes. Soak for 10 minutes.
- Bring (1) to a boil over medium heat stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 munities until flakes are completely dissolved.
- Pour Soymilk and 2 table spoons of Maple Syrup if preferred, to a pot(2) little by little. Keep stirring until well-combined over low-mid heat. Remove from the heat just before boil.
- Pour the mixture into serving dishes through a strainer. When it cools down, refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Serve with maple syrup and soybean flour as toppings.
Variation: Matcha and Coffee flavor
Add matcha paste (1 tsp matcha + 1 tbsp hot water, mix well) together with Soymilk and syrup in (3).
Substitute 400 cc Soymilk and 200 cc water with 300 cc Soymilk and 300 cc freshly brewed coffee (strong).